“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing — that’s why we recommend it daily.” — Zig Ziglar
In the recovered life we can include in the term motivation our Spiritual condition. We are clean and sober on a daily basis contingent upon our Spiritual condition. Well just like bathing we need to be motivated on a daily basis. Motivation? When we are “feeling” motivated and happy the odds are that our Spiritual condition is solid. Doing the right things day in and day out assist us to strengthen and keep our Spiritual condition strong. What are some of the things we can do to live strong?
* Spending the time each morning in Prayer and meditation.
* Getting to a meeting.
* Going to Church, Bible study, or other Spiritual event.
* Calling our sponsor, mentor, & friends in recovery.
* Building and enhancing our friendships with recovered friends and family members.
* Volunteering in and out of the rooms.
* Doing something special for another person or family and not letting them or anyone know that you did it. Pay it forward but anonymously!
* Gratitude List.
* Work the steps with a sponsor.
What are some of the ways you work on your Spiritual condition? Let us know!
Go, Go, Go…